City & International Group
Market-leading specialists bringing innovative solutions to large, complex and international financial distress and insolvency scenarios.
City & International Group
City & International Group is how we brand our team of experienced specialist practitioners who are able to grip the most complex and unpredictable restructuring situations in the market, both here in the UK and across the globe.
We use our experience to design and execute large complex deals for companies that find themselves at the stressed and distressed end of the marketplace. These are typically large companies with complex assets, complex operations and complex stakeholders. If they are also cross-border or operate in a regulated environment, those are further features of the type of work that’s in our sweet spot.
What are we most famous for?
- Large UK multi-stakeholder administrations and schemes – Intu Properties, Thomas Cook, Debenhams CVA, Monarch Airlines, Calon Energy;
- Financial sector restructuring, insolvency and schemes – MF Global, WageDayAdvance, Cattles;
- Cross-border schemes and COMI shifts – Floatel, EMAS Chiyoda, Noble, PA Resources;
- Asset tracing, contentious Court-enabled investigations
Our track record speaks for itself - some of our recent work has been truly ground breaking and market leading:
- Intu Properties had >£5 billion of assets and liabilities and 2,500 employees which we separated into 12 new shopping-centre owning Propcos;
- On Thomas Cook we mobilised 300+ people over a weekend and sold its retail business recreating >2,000 jobs, whilst again enhanced our reputation selling airport landing slots we first developed on Monarch Airlines.
- On Debenhams CVA, a huge majority of creditors voted in favour of over £1 billion of compromises, the largest seen in the UK market.
- On MF Global, our pioneering Special Administration, we successfully returned $1 billion of client monies through a ground-breaking Court-approved distribution plan.
We specialise in taking hold of the largest and most complex or urgent situations in the Restructuring market.
The Interpath story is just beginning and our City & International team is really excited to step forward on our new journey. Our story here is just one small part of it though. Interpath, like its predecessor, will continue to span the entirety of the UK and offer solutions that serve our clients in almost any scenario in every part of the market, big and small. That’s what makes us unique.
We are also taking the opportunity to implement a number of new international commercial alliances and service arrangements; our alliances, new and old, will provide huge network reach and access to insights.
Meet our team
For our full list of Directors and Managing Directors, with updated contact details, view our full team sheet below.