Bank of Cyprus
Find out more about our team's work with the Bank of Cyprus below.
Bank of Cyprus
As principals, our team has led the stabilisation and complex turnaround of Bank of Cyprus. Our work successfully reduced NPLs from €18bn to €1.5bn while delivering a recapitalisation programme and numerous other transformation initiatives. We summarise a few examples below of the successes delivered.
- Building new large scale (550+ people) workout and recovery division to address asset quality issues across all asset classes
- Running marketing processes for selling >€5bn assets, from single name through to large portfolios
- Establishing insourcing and outsourcing solutions to create additional servicing capacity
- Delivering end to end restructuring solutions for portfolios of complex big ticket NPLs
- Running investor roadshows to underpin new equity and bond issuances where asset quality was a significant concern
- Developing securitisation structures and executing large SRT trades
- Executing servicing platform carve outs and creating new real estate management capabilities
- Assessing AMC and/or bad bank solutions
- Building specialist servicing teams e.g. enforcement, RE asset sales, government guaranteed restructuring solutions etc.
- Building and executing business plans for portfolio’ of assets from small retail, through SME and large corporate
- Obtaining regulatory approvals for large transformative M&A
- Developing plans in response to regulatory intervention on asset quality
We help Financial Institutions successfully navigate periods of stress and destress by working with them to scale the challenge, explore their options and then design, communicate and execute optimum solutions which are focused on rebuilding capital, performance and shareholder returns.