Assistant Communications Manager
An exciting opportunity has come up in the Communications team at Interpath Advisory, the UK’s largest independent turnaround and restructuring business.
We are looking for an individual with experience of both media relations and internal communications; who is proactive and thrives on developing and delivering cross-communication campaigns.
The external communications element of the role will see you manage the firm’s relationship with the media and other external stakeholders: proactively pitching stories in line with the firm’s strategic priorities and managing reactive risk issues and public interest in the firm.
You will also be expected to support with communications regarding client engagements, working closely with client-facing teams.
Working closely with colleagues in marketing, you will also support leadership teams with social media campaigns, including the development of blogs for channels including LinkedIn.
Internal Communications broadly covers two areas: multi-channel editorial, publishing and production plus building relationships across the firm, managing key stakeholders and supporting priority strategic and operational projects to help drive our employee engagement and experience.
This is a varied role demanding a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Supporting the head of communications in driving positive media coverage for Interpath, working closely with colleagues in marketing to help build the Interpath brand in line with the firm’s strategic growth plan;
- Supporting the head of communications in managing risk issues and public interest in the firm, as well as supporting with communications regarding client engagements;
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with members of the media;
- Drafting a variety of written copy for external use, including press releases, opinion articles and blogs;
- Supporting the head of communications in delivering internal communications activity across the business, including the drafting and publishing of newsletters, facilitating town hall events, podcasts and videos.
- Educated to degree level.
- Membership of professional bodies / organisations such as CIPR welcome, but not essential
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Have had a minimum of three years’ experience working in PR & media relations and/or internal communications, or in a cross-communications role;
- Thrive on creating impactful media campaigns linked to a long-term commercial strategy;
- Have a great media network;
- Have experience of delivering campaigns via social media channels;
- Have excellent writing skills, with an ability to draft copy for different channels and audiences;
- Understand the value of reporting, monitoring and analysing communications activity in order to plan for future activity;
- Be adept at scanning the news agenda and spotting opportunities for the firm to comment aligned to our commercial agenda;
- Be confident to advise senior stakeholders to help them build their profiles both externally and internally;
- Be confident to escalate issues to senior members of the team as required.
- A love of the news and a drive to build strong relationships with stakeholders;
- An understanding of the wider business environment, political landscape and the impact actions can have on client relationships;
- Evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time;
- Ability to produce rapid reaction statements to capitalise on breaking news issues;
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with other parts of the Interpath business to deliver campaigns, including sales, marketing and client-facing teams;
- Willingness to innovate, and ability to think creatively on how to deliver communications to internal audiences;
- Have experience of delivering internal communications via a variety of channels, including written, audio (podcasts) and video;
- Adherence to the Interpath’s values.
Interested in this role?Apply