Financial Controller (6-12 months’ FTC)
Joining Interpath Advisory means joining a dynamic and talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. With no two days the same, we are looking for people who are willing to embrace a challenge and support businesses through adversity and growth. No one type of person succeeds at Interpath Advisory; a diverse business requires a range of personalities and perspectives, strong teamwork and a passion for client success. There really is a place for you here.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, maintenance of internal financial compliance and controls and overseeing the finance department staff in their day-to-day operations.
Ideally you will have experience of working in Financial or Professional Services and experience across a range of financial disciplines particularly in ERP accounting (IFS), Revenue Recognition and WIP, fair value accounting, financial planning and accounting policies
You will lead budgetary and financial control activities to meet the needs of the company and statutory bodies.
Broader experience and responsibilities will encompass: Planning, Budgeting, Pricing, Reporting, Analysis, Appraisal and team development, Finance Systems, Processes, Management Control, Internal Control, Tax and VAT, Treasury, Commercial Management, Ventures and projects
• Responsible for the timely production of financial and management reports (eg. Monthly packs and statutory accounts) and related commentary, including evidence of controls and reconciliations
• Manage the manual processes as part of the Transitional Services Agreement with KPMG
• Maintain the integrity of financial reporting in the transition to the new IFS ERP
• Optimise the use of IFS within both the finance team and across the client facing teams
• Ensure compliance with all financial controls and ensure that the team are delivering a consistent approach across the delivery of the accounts.
• Facilitate the delivery of accurate, timely Profit & Loss Account & Balance sheets with fully reconciled month end files and board operating report
• Responsible for improving finance processes and reporting efficiency across the business
• Drive automation and efficiency within financial reporting, acting quickly to improve manual processes
• Manage budgeting, forecasting & cash flow management
• Manage a variety of internal and external stakeholder relationships including Banks, Auditors, HMRC, legal, HR etc
• Manage and oversee the audit process
• Contribute to other finance team projects and ad hoc requests, as required.
• Develop and performance manage the finance team
• University degree
• ACA/ACCA Qualified
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
• 10 years PQE (or in Country / Regional equivalent if outside the UK)
• High level of business facing experience and exposure to business issues of similar complexity in a similar sized organisation.
• Experience and up-to-date knowledge of local accounting and reporting regulations, IFRS, regulatory tax and insurance requirements
• Previous experience with M&A desirable
• Comfortable acting as a Change agent – can change roles with ease and quickly get to grips with the financial and commercial challenges.
Embrace different: - From cultures to mindsets, we welcome them all. Our global presence means we’re inclusive by nature and we believe that people are equal, but not the same.
Do the right thing: - Our comfort zone is uncomfortable; we always make the right decision not what is simply easy or popular. Always consider how to implement these decisions, people will always remember how you made them feel.
All hands on deck: - We stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues and clients, be that physically or from afar. Our individual expertise may find them answers, but it is through teamwork that it is implemented.
Passion drives success: - The impossible is always possible, we push the boundaries of what is expected because we’re never satisfied with the status quo. Our clients expect a positive result when they engage with us, and it’s only by delivering this that we win.
Interested in this role?Apply