Insolvency Case Administrator
Due to growth in our business over recent months, Interpath Advisory is looking to hire an Associate/Senior Associate, in a team focussing solely on corporate insolvencies, you will be responsible for a portfolio of cases – dealing, predominantly, with statutory and technical aspects of the insolvency process, but also driving forward commercial matters, such as realising assets.
You will have business experience.
This is a client-facing role, in a lively, stimulating and busy environment – working to deadlines.
You will report to the managers responsible for each insolvency to which you are allocated.
The role will be based in our Glasgow office albeit the nature of the work is likely to necessitate some multi-office and on-site working across Scotland.
- Working alongside Case Managers to provide support on corporate insolvency engagements – from pre-appointment planning to completion of all “live” case matters;
- Ownership of a portfolio of cases, with responsibility for:- statutory compliance; proactive case progression in conjunction with Case Managers; and responding promptly and effectively to case correspondence and queries;
- Working with clients and colleagues to identify, ingather and safeguard assets – and, thereafter, assisting in executing realisation strategies in order to maximise realisable value;
- On a case-by-case basis, undertaking appropriate investigations to ascertain the reasons for insolvency and preparing relevant reports thereon;
- Throughout the life of an insolvency case, producing correspondence (letters and emails); forms and notices; minutes; file notes; and schedules and analysis of a consistently high standard – and assisting with preparation of statutory and other reports for the attention of creditors and other stakeholders;
- Interacting closely with colleagues – including Engagement Leaders – together with third-party stakeholders (including:- directors, employees and creditors) and appointed agents;
- Opportunity for participating in business development events;
- Attending to any other administrative tasks required by the role.
- Four Highers (or the equivalent) – B Grades or above, including Maths and English
- A University degree (2:1 or above) is preferable but not essential
- Two references available on request
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
We are seeking an individual with business experience that is interested in developing a career in Restructuring; who has the ability and willingness to learn quickly and to operate as part of a team.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- business experience – preferably in dealing with key business stakeholders including customers, suppliers, and directors; and with financial matters/aspects;
- a keen interest in commercial and financial matters – and an ability to contribute to strategies which maximise returns in insolvency scenarios;
- a consistently professional manner;
- good time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks with changing deadlines – whilst remaining calm and focussed;
- drive, enthusiasm, and commitment to learn and develop;
- a proactive and conscientious approach – in order that your work is produced to a consistently high standard, in terms of quality, accuracy and effectiveness;
- outgoing personality traits and an ability communicate confidently, articulately and effectively with colleagues and third parties alike – particularly, where third party conversations are taking place under difficult circumstances;
- an ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- an ability to critically assess tasks and to present alternative solutions, where appropriate;
- an ability and willingness to form lasting business relationships;
- a willingness to travel to and work from client sites and our other offices, as required, from time-to-time;
- technical skills in:- Outlook; Word and Excel (a good working knowledge of both applications); and a high standard of written work – particularly email and letter writing.
Experience of administering insolvency cases would be helpful but is not essential
The individual will require to be flexible in their working environment, with a mixture of working from home, Interpath offices and, on occasion, from client sites.
- Embrace different: From cultures to mindsets, we welcome them all. Our global presence means we’re inclusive by nature and we believe that people are equal, but not the same.
- Do the right thing: Our comfort zone is uncomfortable; we always make the right decision not what is simply easy or popular. Always consider how to implement these decisions, people will always remember how you made them feel.
- All hands on deck: We stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues and clients, be that physically or from afar. Our individual expertise may find them answers, but it is through teamwork that it is implemented.
- Passion drives success: The impossible is always possible, we push the boundaries of what is expected because we’re never satisfied with the status quo. Our clients expect a positive result when they engage with us, and it’s only by delivering this that we win.
Interested in this role?Apply