Personal Debt Solutions Operations Team – Associate
Our Personal Debt Solutions team in Scotland provides advice and debt solutions to individuals who are struggling to manage their unsecured debts.
Our team administers a large portfolio of personal insolvency cases, including both Trust Deed and sequestration appointments. We also act as Continuing Money Adviser under the Debt Arrangement Scheme.
Due to staffing changes, we need to recruit an administrative assistant to work within our case closure team. We will consider candidates who wish to work full time or on a part time basis. At the outset, we will encourage a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to work in our central Glasgow office and from home, although we will be flexible as to your requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our hard working, customer focussed team within a successful and growing operation.
You will be exposed to a large number of cases within the personal debt solutions team and will be responsible for dealing with various aspects of administration, ensuring that cases are compliant with statutory regulation and internal procedures. You will be part of a team of between 4 and 6 individuals reporting directly to your team manager.
Your responsibilities within the team will be varied and you may deal with multiple aspects of case administration including:
- Producing written responses to letters and emails received from the debtor, creditors and other interested parties;
- Answering incoming calls and ensuring that queries are dealt with effectively;
- Following statutory procedures and internal guidance to ensure deadlines are met and sound compliance is achieved;
- Production of annual and final reports to creditors to illustrate the status of each case;
- Reviewing evidence and agreement of creditor claims;
- Preparing distributions to creditors following agreement of their claims:
- Inputting data to our internal administration systems;
- Maintaining documentation via the electronic document management system in accordance with the department file structure.
In addition, you will be required to undertake administration and projects specific to personal insolvency as directed.
- be highly organised and capable of dealing with multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- have a professional and positive telephone manner;
- be able to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team;
- be IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel;
Training in relation to the systems used by the team to manage our case load and on the available and appropriate debt solutions will be provided.
Previous experience of working in personal insolvency is not essential.
- Embrace different: From cultures to mindsets, we welcome them all. Our global presence means we’re inclusive by nature and we believe that people are equal, but not the same.
- Do the right thing: Our comfort zone is uncomfortable; we always make the right decision not what is simply easy or popular. Always consider how to implement these decisions, people will always remember how you made them feel.
- All hands on deck: We stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues and clients, be that physically or from afar. Our individual expertise may find them answers, but it is through teamwork that it is implemented.
- Passion drives success: The impossible is always possible, we push the boundaries of what is expected because we’re never satisfied with the status quo. Our clients expect a positive result when they engage with us, and it’s only by delivering this that we win.
Interested in this role?Apply