Restructuring Assistant Manager - North
Joining Interpath Advisory means joining a dynamic and talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. With no two days the same, we are looking for people who are willing to embrace a challenge and support businesses through adversity and growth. No one type of person succeeds at Interpath Advisory. A diverse business requires a range of personalities and perspectives, strong teamwork and a passion for client success. There really is a place for you here.
Interpath North Restructuring team are looking for an Assistant Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team. The role is available in Leeds or Manchester, with opportunities typically located within the North region. Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
- Work alongside case managers and engagement leaders to provide support on the restructuring or insolvency assignments.
- Rapid progression to a project management role, taking ownership of the key aspects of cases or managing discreet aspects of larger assignments.
- Support the case manager’s production of reports/output on advisory/restructuring projects and all aspects of an insolvency assignment (typically involving trading, liaising with creditors and key stakeholders and sale of business)
- Participating in marketing events, together with research and targeting of new client opportunities and development of client proposals. This will include the development of internal and external contacts.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or background in the Restructuring profession.
- Insolvency experience would be beneficial, but not essential given the wide range of work now undertaken by the team.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
- Corporate advisory experience (either advising to businesses or through other work undertaken in / with corporates).
- Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
- Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
Service Line Information:
In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
Embrace different: From cultures to mindsets, we welcome them all. Our global presence means we’re inclusive by nature and we believe that people are equal, but not the same.
Do the right thing: Our comfort zone is uncomfortable; we always make the right decision not what is simply easy or popular. Always consider how to implement these decisions, people will always remember how you made them feel.
All hands on deck: We stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues and clients, be that physically or from afar. Our individual expertise may find them answers, but it is through teamwork that it is implemented.
Passion drives success: The impossible is always possible, we push the boundaries of what is expected because we’re never satisfied with the status quo. Our clients expect a positive result when they engage with us, and it’s only by delivering this that we win.
Interested in this role?Apply