Senior Insolvency Cashier
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level of cashiering support to our Glasgow office and also as part of our national cashiering team supporting insolvency engagements across the country. Our cashiering function is a virtual central team consisting currently of eight members with differing levels of experience. This opportunity has become available due to a member of the cashiering team retiring.
The cashiering team is a vital function to Interpath’s insolvency practice as the cashiers ensure that all statutory deadlines are met, payments and bank reconciliations are completed on time and in line with company policies. There are various responsibilities to this role which are laid out below.
• All aspects of company policy and cashiering guidance is adhered to.
• Prompt submission of account opening and closing requests.
• Statutory and best practice actions are completed promptly.
• Ensuring all electronic transactions are correct and funds are available for payments.
• Currency transactions are correctly processed and exchange rate differences are recorded promptly and correctly.
• Bank accounts are reconciled within the given timelines and unreconciled items are dealt with promptly.
• GCSE English and Mathematics desirable
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Being one of the first points of contact for staff with cashiering related queries.
• Ensuring cheques received are recorded, banked and input to IPS (the Insolvency Practitioners System) within the timescales set out in the firm’s cash procedures.
• Importing and processing bank transaction files, including the monitoring and prompt management of automated transactions.
• Producing and processing ISA, CHAPS and faster payment requests.
• Printing of cheques including distributions.
• Ensuring all transactions have the correct backing documentation and are coded correctly.
• Ensuring transactions are accurate and managed in a timely fashion, liaising with engagement teams where necessary.
• Proactively managing caseloads to avoid issues. Where applicable, troubleshoot with the relevant engagement leaders and managers.
• Ensure estate bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and bank accounts are promptly closed, as required.
• Archiving IPS cases, ensuring all compliance tasks have been undertaken.
• Liaising with banks and building relationships.
The key skills required are:
• Experience of IPS, cashiering, or a similar financial role would be desirable. However, full training would be provided for the right candidate.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively, responding to changes in workload and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The confidence and ability to challenge senior staff where required eg, transaction error.
• Common sense with an eye for detail.
• The ability to remain calm and professional in times of stress.
Interested in this role?Apply