Joining Interpath Advisory means joining a dynamic and talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. With no two days the same, we are looking for people who are willing to embrace a challenge and support businesses through adversity and growth. No one type of person succeeds at Interpath Advisory; a diverse business requires a range of personalities and perspectives, strong teamwork and a passion for client success. There really is a place for you here.
Our newly formed Tax Services team is looking for an experienced VAT Director who will have the opportunity to build a VAT M&A and advisory team alongside our existing insolvency and restructuring VAT team.
Free from audit conflicts and benefitting from the client-base and market reach of Interpath Advisory, , we are building a market-leading tax practice. You will work alongside businesses of all sizes, advising corporate groups, as well as private equity houses, funds and other investors.
The build out of a VAT M&A and advisory team is strategically important in delivering on our ambitious expansion plans and in supporting the rapid growth aspirations of the Interpath Tax Services team.
The successful applicant will lead engagements on a day to day basis, helping to manage and own multiple stakeholder relationships, both internal and external. The applicant will build and develop a VAT practice providing transaction support (due diligence and structuring) and corporate-focussed VAT advisory services, as well as working closely with the Interpath value creation team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building a VAT team to meet the diverse client demands and developing and training existing tax team members and new hires, to deliver market-leading VAT services
- Developing external and internal client and stakeholder relationships to generate a consistent pipeline of VAT services work.
- Leading VAT due diligence on sell-side and buy-side engagements and supporting transaction structuring
- Leading VAT advisory work and identifying VAT opportunities alongside the Interpath value creation team (focussed on liquidity, working capital and profit optimisation)
- Providing additional engagement leader support to the existing insolvency VAT team
The role is suitable for someone who relishes working within a fast moving environment, can adapt to a range of client engagements and is willing to accept new challenges within a small but growing team to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a combination of technical excellence and sound commercial judgement, a high degree of emotional intelligence and an ability to build trusted advisory relationships.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience of leading teams and developing team members
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to deal confidently and articulately with clients, internal stakeholders and HMRC
- Have relevant VAT advisory and transactional / M&A experience; VAT advisory experience of working in restructuring and insolvency situations would be an additional advantage
- Be pragmatic and hands-on in providing a solutions-focussed approach to client challenges
- Be capable of operating in a fast moving environment and enjoy working in a dynamic and supportive team
- Be confident in participating in business development activities
- Be ACA or CTA qualified
Interested in this role?Apply