Sell-Side M&A Advisory
Sell-side M&A Advisory
We help clients to develop and execute sell-side M&A strategies to support them in achieving their strategic objectives.
We support our clients through each stage of the process from preparing a business for divestment to negotiating with potential acquirers, and our advice is always underpinned by market leading financial and strategic analysis.
Our team provides sell-side M&A advice to corporates, private equity sponsors, and family-owned businesses which are seeking to sell all or part of their business or operations, either in the UK or internationally. We have a wealth of transactional experience across a diversity of sectors, ranging from multi-generational family businesses in the UK to multinational corporates.
Our approach to M&A Advisory is simple. We deploy senior teams that take a hands-on approach to transactions in order to firstly, minimise our client’s time constraints and secondly, to maximise value through the deal from our expertise, insight and experience.
On every transaction we support, we ensure that not only do we have depth of experience in executing successful processes, but we also have specific sector insight that informs the process along the way.
Our team will support boards, sponsors and management teams by:
- Project managing the deal from identification to execution, coordinating the various transaction advisers and stakeholders;
- Advising on the method, timetable and tactics for delivering a successful M&A transaction;
- Compiling a targeted list of potential acquirers (domestic and international);
- Preparing the marketing documentation (e.g. teaser, management presentation etc.);
- Drafting and preparing the investment memorandum (IM);
- Support with vendor valuation and pricing analysis;
- Supporting in contractual and commercial negotiations.
A typical sell-side engagement may also include the support of our Transaction Services team through a vendor assist engagement. Additionally, we can also draw on the expertise of our specialist tax team who can provide tax support and advice throughout the process.