If you have a challenge or opportunity, our Insurance Restructuring team are here to help you navigate what's next.
The Insurance Restructuring team consists of restructuring and insolvency professionals with significant experience of managing complex insurance insolvencies and providing exit solutions to Interpath’s insurance sector clients. We are the market-leading adviser to the insurance run-off market - as a team we have led more sell-side M&A deals for the disposal of run-off liabilities than any other adviser and are increasingly supporting the acquirers of run-off to restructure and grow their businesses. As well as managing complex insurance restructurings, our team provides the following services:
- Supporting large insurance groups with the transition into run-off and/or set-up of dedicated run-off teams
- Supporting sellers of portfolios with the identification and preparation of portfolios for sale and managing disposal process
- Supporting acquirers of portfolios with DD throughout the deal process
- Advice to large corporates on alternative risk transfer strategies
- Providing financial, regulatory and operational restructuring advice to acquirers and supporting group simplification
- Designing and executing cost reduction and performance improvement programmes for acquirers
- Supporting new investors into the run-off insurance sector
Darryl is a Director within our Insurance Restructuring team in London. Darryl has been extensively involved in the run-off and closure of insolvent insurers, including English & American Insurance Company Limited, Sovereign Marine and General Insurance Company Limited, National Employers’ Mutual General Insurance Association Limited and British-American Insurance Company. He has also dealt with the insolvencies of insurance brokers, including FirstCity and Park London.
Fabrizio is a chartered accountant who has specialised in insolvency and restructuring for over 15 years, with a specific focus on the general insurance industry. Fabrizio’s recent experience includes advising large insurers on the disposal of their legacy business, their Brexit re-organisations, including Part VII transfers and the ongoing insolvency of English & American Insurance.